Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Theme

I have been working on a theme for some of my assemblages using well-known fairy tales in a different way.  "Rapunzel and The Tiny Prince" is featured here.  I used a head from a broken old-fashioned bathing beauty doll attached her to a hand-painted birdhouse and found a tiny prince to place at the base.  If you notice, her hair is tied up...perhaps she is not that interested in that little prince.












I also worked on a piece I call "Sleeping Beauty Awakes".  In this one I used an old doll,  put her into a hand-painted book box, covered her with a fancy blanket, and added pearls.  The prince (actually the head of a Ken doll) is attached to the lid and lo and behold 3 babies are in bed with her!  A lot has transpired during her years of coma-like sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment