Monday, June 4, 2012

The Affordable Art Fair

"Dream State"  (Sold piece)
Saturday, the day of the fair started out damp and wet but improved dramatically as the day wore on.  The show had 25 exhibitors with varied work such as photography, collage, painting, pottery etc.  I thought that the quality was very good, but unfortunately the attendance was smaller than expected I think due to the lack of advertising.  However many of my friends came to support me and I did sell one of my pieces.  I also think the troubling economic condition gave people pause before plunking down money for artwork.  However, I am really glad to have had that experience and I especially want to thank Chloe, Sophie and Jennifer for sticking it out and offering me a lot of help and advice on setting up the show.  I am now ready to enter more art shows and get my work out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment