Saturday, December 22, 2012

Wired

My last project before my art class ended for the semester had to do with using string in a three dimensional format.  I had a cigar box which I painted with many coats of black paint.  I then unsuccessfully tried to tie string in different configurations around the box keeping it very taut.  Frustration quickly set in.  I was unable to adhere the string tightly enough even after using all kinds of glue.  I then trashed that idea.  I decided to substitute wire for string and instead of wrapping the box, I used plastic stands taken from a children's board game and bent wire to fit into the slots.  I liked the idea of incorporating one yellow stand.  I finally glued all the pieces to the bottom of the box creating a minimal abstract design.

No comments:

Post a Comment