Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Color Studies and Motion

My last two collages deal with 2 elements:  color studies and motion:


What inspired me to create the above piece was seeing "The Life of Pi" for the second time.  The cinematography was so beautiful that I was mesmerized by the amazing graphics and colors especially the scenes on and under the ocean.  I think that is why I chose the fish to be an important part of the collage.  The round form represents the motion and the fish are swimming either toward or away from the shape depending on the viewer.


We all grew up with "The Wizard of Oz" and in this piece I inserted Dorothy and friends in a surreal environment.  I painted wooden triangles to match the original road and then proceeded to display them in a way that looks like the road is breaking up.  I also added shiny black triangles to add more contrast to this fantasy.


No comments:

Post a Comment